We left off on March 3rd, having finished the first phase of patching the many holes and cracks in the walls of the craft room.
Thursday my DH and I sanded and touched up the drywall patches. For this of course you really need to wear eye protection and a dust mask, which we did. I wore a pair of my DH’s safety goggles, and unfortunately, because I was working so hard, the dang things kept fogging up! It’s really hard to sand properly when you can’t see what you are doing! It did get finished though. We also took off the baseboard and found some mould behind the one under the north window. From the crack in the drywall there, we could tell that a while ago they had some water damage there. It was old though and thankfully there wasn’t very much mould and it cleaned up quickly. We will have to get new baseboard for that one side.
Now the fun part, buying stuff! I did create a budget and so far, because of some convenient sales, I have been pretty close to it.
Canadian Tire had these great plastic storage towers by Gracious Living on sale last week, so Friday night we went and picked up 4 of them. Two with 5 deep drawers and 2 with 8 drawers (four deep, four shallow). It’s amazing what you can get into the hatchback of a VW Rabbit! So far these are still in the family room, but my yarn stash has now been organized by weight (light, worsted, bulky etc.) and that took TWO storage towers!
Saturday nothing got done, because we went to see the Lego Movie and then to my in-laws for dinner. That was a GREAT movie!
Yesterday, after a visit to Wheelers Pancake House and Maple Museum, DH and I went to visit the good people at RONA, who were having a sale on laminate flooring. So now I have my new floor for my craft room! It’s a nice Oak look laminate.
After we people handled the 7 boxes of laminate flooring into the basement we set to work on the final sanding. That didn’t take too long, and after that we vacuumed and dusted the walls and floor. After that we set to work on the first coat of primer. From the amount of blue still showing through, I can tell this is going to take at least 2 coats of primer and 2 of paint.
So that’s it for Phase 2. Second coat of primer is phase 3, taking place tomorrow evening.